Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm A Member Of Roddy Radiation's Backing Band The Skabilly Rebels!


Well, not exactly!  Though I surely consider myself a Skabilly Rebel, metaphorically and philosophically, I am not an ACTUAL member of the crack band backing Roddy 'Radiation' Byers of The Specials as he tours the Western U.S.

However,  if you live in the San Jose, CA area, and were checking out the show listings on SanJose.com earlier this week,  you would have seen a picture of me (in a Skabilly Rebels t-shirt no less) with a few friends -- Nik Torp and Drew Stansall of The Specials, my fellow Gotham-based ska blogger Steve Shafer (Duff Guide To Ska) and Sid Reitzfeld of New York ska bands The A-Kings and Thick As Thrives -- taken during the New York Ska Festival in April 2010.

It would seem, that whoever pulled the listing for this show together, was half asleep or out-to-lunch when they went searching for a picture of Byers (who is quite a music icon) and his band.  Further proof that you shouldn't believe everything you read or see on the Interwebs...

No comments: